Empty Offices During the Coronavirus Crisis

Empty Offices During the Coronavirus Crisis

At the moment, empty offices are becoming ever more common with businesses moving to home-working and self-isolation.

If you are going to be leaving your offices empty for a duration, you will need to inform your insurance broker and arrange Unoccupied Property Insurance.

What can go wrong?

Unoccupied Property Insurance will protect you in a number of circumstances. Usually your property or office insurance will cover you for periods of unoccupancy, but this is often limited to 30 days. Specialist Unoccupied Property insurance can cover you for extended periods of unoccupancy from perils such as:

  • Fire
  • Flooding
  • Break-ins
  • Vandalism
  • Theft

What else can go wrong?

You will also need to keep your insurers up to date on the status of your office for the sake of your Public Liability insurance.

Believe it or not, you can be held liable for any injuries that befall intruders in your property.

For Example:

Someone breaks-in to see what computer equipment has been left unattended and ends up tripping on wires and injuring themselves. However,  in this circumstance, for any claim to succeed you will need to be held negligent and liable.


Contact Insync for more information on insuring your offices during times of unoccupancy. Call one of our team today on 0330 124 0730.